Under a Group Training arrangement, they can gain broader experience and a variety of work by rotating shift’s through different Host Employers (workplaces), relative to their chosen field of study.
Under our Group Training services jobseekers are employed by the Group Training Organisation as Apprentices or Trainees and are then placed with host employers who act as trainers for an agreed period of time.
Direction Employment and Training (DET) Group Training is also a leader in the School based Apprenticeships and Traineeships sector, offering students the opportunity to work towards a trade or industry qualification as part of their high school education. Click here to see more about our services in School based Apprenticeships and Traineeships.
DET services to Trainees and Apprentices include
- DET trained field staff visit Apprentices and Trainees in the workplace regularly, monitoring their training and overseeing their awareness and use of safe work practices. Field staff also link Apprentices and Trainees with a Registered Training Organisation who provides nationally accredited training packages, leading to nationally recognised qualifications. They provide ongoing support to handle problems that may come up
- DETs objective is to ensure that our Apprentices and Trainees are maintained in continuous work over the duration of the apprenticeship or traineeship and that they achieve a successful outcome from their training
- As a DET Group Training employee, we work with your host employer to ensure that you are receiving the correct pay and employment conditions. We prepare you to not only achieve the most out of your employment and training but also to advance your personal management and Occupational Health and Safety skills
- DET Group Training service is active in a wide variety of industries helping young and older people to commence careers in fields such as hospitality/tourism, automotive, engineering, construction, business services, retail, childcare, age care, horticulture, sport and recreation, printing and graphic arts. We assist you to create a firm base for a long term future in your chosen occupation through contacts and networking
- We are part of a national network of 155 Group Training organisations employing almost 40,000 Apprentices and Trainees throughout Australia. The network also provides a means for Apprentices and Trainees to find work or ongoing training throughout Australia.