Direction Employment and Training (DET) offers support, guidance, referral and monitoring to help students define their career goals and set about achieving them
School based Apprenticeships and Traineeships are a collaborative partnership between a student, their parent or carer, school, employer and supervising registered training organisation. DET works with schools and students to provide advice and information about career paths.
School based Apprenticeships and Traineeships provide an opportunity for young people, usually enrolled in Years 11 and 12, to participate in training and work as paid employees while completing senior schooling.
DET offers you School-based Apprenticeships and Traineeships that
- Provide students with opportunities to develop skills and knowledge relating to actual employment situations
- Allow students to start, and with our support complete a vocational qualification while still at school
- Improve post schooling employment and training pathways for students
- Improve links between education and industry, school and local community
DET’s professional Field Staff support School based trainees with
- Information about the various vocational options available to school leavers, including Australian School Based Apprenticeships, apprenticeships, traineeships
- Support, guidance, referral and monitoring to help students define their career goals and set about achieving them
- Job seeking skills, including help preparing resumes and application letters and helpful interview techniques
- Support transitions from school to work and promote education, training and employment opportunities for high school students
For students contemplating entering the workforce, we can detail the available alternatives, including school based Apprenticeship options. Our free service provides career guidance, job seeking resources and skills and plenty of ongoing support.
For schools and teachers, we are a rich source of information, advice and referrals. We are committed to our duty of care to students, and work hard to ensure students are placed in a safe and healthy work environment with regular monitoring visits. We also encourage two way communication between school coordinators and field officers.
Parents and students enjoy professional guidance, information and advice about School based apprenticeships and traineeships from DET