Specially tailored Direction Employment and Training (DET) Skill Sets Training is a cost effective and fast way to help fill specific skills gaps
Increasingly, individuals are finding that it is a job requirement to possess specific sets of skills to meet industry standards or regulatory and legislative requirements. Skills Sets are comprised of a group of units of competency to meet a clearly defined industry need.
Skills Sets are a new way to recognise a particular ‘chunk’ of skills that do not make up a whole qualification. Some people find that they don’t need a full qualification at this stage of their career while others find that they need skills from across a number of qualifications. Skills Sets training offers you the flexibility to meet your individual skills training needs.
Skill sets are formally recognised on a Statement of Attainment that in many cases may help a participant to create a pathway to a full qualification.
Skill Sets can
- Assist by recognising skill acquisition through training where no formal qualification has been attained
- Add validity and national portability to training programs
- Form the foundation for a qualification with a defined exit point if required
- Address a specific workforce skills need
Skill Set Benefits for employees
- Provides you with formal recognition for specific sets of skills that can lead to a qualification
- Enables you to meet a licensing or regulatory requirement through Skill Sets training
- Allows you to complete training more quickly than meeting all the requirements of a qualification
- Skill Sets training Statements of Attainment allow you to show an employer exactly what competencies and skills you have achieved
Benefits for employers
- Allows you to train your imployees for a specific job or Skill Sets to meet an immediate training need
- Assists you to more efficiently achieve your organisation’s goals and objectives by providing training in a Skill Sets applicable to your immediate business needs
- An efficient and measurable way to determine the effectiveness of training in relation to specific tasks
Skills Sets are nationally recognised and provide formal recognition for individual’s who require a flexible approach