Kickstart you career… gain a nationally recognised qualification whilst you work and earn an income
A Traineeship is similar to an Apprenticeship in that you undertake training which leads to a nationally recognised qualification. However the outcome of an Apprenticeship is a Trade Certificate. Whereas the outcome of a Traineeship is a nationally recognised qualification. As a result Traineeships are offered in a wide range of industries and occupations. The duration of Traineeships is generally one year full time or two years part time.
An Australian Traineeship combines time at work with training and can be full time, part time or school based.
An employer who takes on a trainee teaches that person the skills associated with a particular job. As a Trainee, you will start under supervision with easier tasks and then progressively move through to more challenging tasks.
Australian Traineeships are available to anyone of working age and do not require any entry qualifications. Australian Traineeships are available to school leavers, those re-entering the workforce or those wishing to change careers.
Australian Traineeships offer a range of benefits such as
- A great way to get a head start in a chosen career
- Competency based’ training which means individuals can complete their training faster when they reach the required skills level
- Existing skills and prior experience can be recognised and course credit granted, potentially reducing formal training time.
- They can be undertaken on a full-time or part-time basis and can also be offered as Vocational Education Training in many schools
- They lead to nationally recognised qualifications and skills which provide the basis for further education and training over the course of a person’s working life
- Traineeships can also be an important pathway from school to work
Benefits of completing your Traineeship with DET Group Training Organisation (GTO)
- As a Group Training Organisation, Direction Employment and Training (DET) becomes your employer under an Australian Traineeship agreement
- DET coordinates your training through one of our many highly respected and specialised Registered Training Organisation (RTO) partners
- DET is responsible for locating Host Employers who are willing to train you
- We ensure you are employed throughout your training period, even if your host employer is unable to keep you on
- You have the opportunity to be rotated amongst host employers, giving you the extra benefit of a wider range of skills and workplace experience
Benefits of engaging a Trainee through DET Group Training Organisation (GTO)
- The employment agreement is between the Trainee and DET
- DET will administer all paperwork involved with the Traineeship
- We pay your Trainee on your behalf
- DET manages annual leave, sick leave and superannuation payments
- DET oversee enrolment with one of our highly respected and specialised Registered Training Organisation partners
- We provide a comprehensive induction program for your Trainee
- We supply appropriate personal protective equipment
- We undertake on site assessments in consultation with you, to ensure the workplace is safe
- Our Field Officers provide advice on current wH&S regulations
- We visit regularly to review performance, monitor progress and provide feedback
- We provide support and counselling services
- We ensure you gain access to all available Government incentives and support services